Great Day Turkey RecipesHow Long Will Thanksgiving Leftovers Last? (Click Here to find out!)
- 1 1/2 Bags of Brownsberry OR PepperidgeFarms Herb Seasoned Stuffing CUBES (14 oz bags)
- 1 Box Uncle Ben's Original Long Grain & Wild Rice (6.0 oz) Cooked
- 2 Eggs
- 1 Large Chopped Onion
- 1 Bunch of Celery
- 1 Can of Sliced Water Chestnuts (8 oz)
- 1 Pound (16oz) of Jimmy Dean SAGE Flavored Pork Sausage (Silver Package/Label)
- 1/2-1 Teaspoon of Ground Black Pepper
- 2 Cans of Chicken Broth (14.5 oz cans)
- 1/4Pound (1 stick)of REAL Butter
- 1 Clove of Garlic
- Cook the WILD RICE according to Directions
- Soak the CROUTONS in the CHICKEN BROTH
- Sauté the PORK SAUSAGE and remove from the heat
- Sauté the ONION in the ¼ lb of REAL BUTTER
- Mince and add GARLIC to that mixture
- Add THAT mixture to the SAUSAGE
- Chop and add the CELERY to THAT mixture and sauté
- Add Slightly Chopped WATER CHESTNUTS and PEPPER
- Add the EGGS…Then the COOKED WILD RICE MIX
- After mixing all those ingredients, combine with the Croutons that have been soaking in the Chicken Broth and GENTLY fold mixture thoroughly.
Place in Baking Dish/Pan at 350F for 45-60min - Until center gets up to temperature
"Chick's" Awesome Gluten-Free Baked Sesame Turkey TendersBy: Kathy "CHICK" Stackhouse-Sipolt
- 2 Turkey Breast Tenderloins (split to make 4-6 pieces)
- 1/2-3/4 Cup Toasted Sesame Seeds
- 5-6 Tablespoons GLUTEN FREE All Purpose Flour
- 4-6 Tablespoons of BRAGG Liquid Aminos (Soy Sauce Substitute) or Light Soy Sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon Cookies Flavor Enhancer
- 1 Generous Pinch of Ground Black Pepper
- 4-6 Tablespoons of REAL BUTTER, Melted
- Honey, for additional flavoring - if desired
- Preheat Oven to 375 degrees F.
- Toast sesame seeds in the 375 degree oven for about 5 minutes, until golden brown.
- Put BRAGG Liquid Aminos or Soy Sauce in Pan or Bowl
- Mix Sesame Seeds, Flour, Cookies FE & Pepper together and place in Pan or Bowl
- Dip Turkey in Liquid Aminos and then DREDGE THROUGH Sesame Seed Mixture until COMPLETELY Coated with PLENTY of seeds.
- Arrange on NON STICK BAKING DISH (or glass dish sprayed with cooking oil) so pieces DONOT TOUCH.
- Drizzle Turkey-Sesame Pieces with Melted Butter
- Bake at 375 degrees for 30-40 minutes or until juices run clear (Pieces can be "BASTED" with additional butter or drippings during cooking time)
Remove from Oven with INTERNAL temp at 165 degrees F. and cover dish with FOIL for 5-10 minutes...It will continue to cook during this time.
Drizzle honey over the top and serve.
Tailgating Turkey Tails
- 1 turkey tenderloin (equals about 13 pieces)
- 1/4 Cup Frank's Hot Sauce
- Colby cheese cubes – pre-cut cubes are easy to use
- 8 slices turkey bacon
- Wash hands.
- Slice turkey lengthwise so it is approximately ¼ to ½-inch thick. Then cut into strips, making approximately 13 pieces. Wash hands.
- Place turkey in a glass bowl and pour hot sauce over top. Refrigerate for about 30 minutes.
- Cut turkey bacon into 2 pieces per slice.
- Fold one slice of turkey around one cheese cube. Wrap a slice of turkey bacon around the turkey and secure with a toothpick.
- Grill turkey tails over medium to low heat until cooked through*.
*Note: When serving turkey tails for a party, place them in a slow cooker to keep warm for serving.
A large batch can be made in advance and frozen in disposable metal pans. The day of the tailgating remove from the freezer. The tails can be put on the grill frozen and cooked as they thaw.
Asian Turkey Lettuce WrapsQuick and easy for on the go healthy eating. Make ahead and reheat what you need. Or make a double batch and freeze half.
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger root
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 Tablespoon Sesame oil
- ¼ cup Thai Spicy Chili sauce
- ¼ cup sliced green onions
- ¼ cup julienned carrots
- ¼ cup julienned red pepper
- ¼ cup pea pods, sliced diagonally in half
- 1 cup cooked brown rice
- 2 tablespoons finely minced crystallized ginger
- 10 large lettuce leaves, washed, dried and chilled
- Wash hands.
- Chop garlic, green onions, carrots, red pepper, pea pods. Set aside.
- Cook ½ cup rice according to directions to equal 1 cup cooked.
- Brown ground turkey in a non-stick skillet. Add ginger root and garlic when it is browned. Sauté until garlic is cooked. Stir in Sesame Oil and Chili sauce.
- Add green onions, carrots, peppers, pea pods and stir until warmed.
- Stir in cooked rice and crystallized ginger.
- To serve spoon turkey mixture into lettuce leaves.
Bacon-Wrapped Turkey Breast
Serves: 4 to 6
with Herb Stuffing
Prep time: 30 minutes
Grilling time: 1 to 1-1/4 hours
Special equipment: butcher's twine, large disposable foil pan, instant-read thermometer
- 1-1/2 cups bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped garlic
- 2 teaspoons poultry seasoning
- 1 teaspoon finely grated fresh lemon zest
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 pound sliced bacon
- 1 boneless, skinless turkey breast, about 2 pounds, butterflied
- In a medium bowl combine the stuffing ingredients. The stuffing should be moist, mounding nicely on a spoon, but should not be sopping wet. Add more broth if needed.
- Carefully place a large disposable foil pan underneath the cooking grate to catch the bacon grease. Prepare the grill for indirect cooking over high heat (450° to 550°F).
- Place the butterflied turkey breast on a work surface between 2 sheets of plastic wrap and pound to an even thickness. Spread the stuffing evenly over the turkey breast and then roll up the breast lengthwise to create a cylinder. Arrange the bacon slices on a work surface in 6 tightly spaced parallel stripes, overlapping the ends of 2 slices to make each stripe. Place the rolled turkey breast in the center of the bacon and then crisscross the bacon around the turkey. Tie the turkey with butcher's twine to create a uniform roast and to secure the bacon.
- Brush the cooking grates clean. Center the turkey over the drip pan and grill over indirect high heat, with the lid closed as much as possible, until the internal temperature reaches 165ºF, 1 to 1-1/4 hours, turning occasionally to ensure the bacon gets crispy on all sides. Transfer to a carving board and let rest for 10 minutes (the internal temperature will rise 5° to 10°F during this time). Remove the twine and carve into 1-inch slices.
By A www.autson.com