- 1 French baguette cut on the bias into 16, 1/2 inch thick slices
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 tbsp. unsalted butter
- 1 cup cleaned and sliced leeks
- 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup light mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup fresh chopped parsley, plus more for garnish
- 1 tbsp. fresh lemon juice, plus 1 tsp. zest
- 1 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 1 lbs. lump crabmeat, drained
- Heat oven to 400 degrees. Brush baguette slices on both sides with olive oil. Place on a baking sheet. Bake at 400 for 7 minutes; flip and bake another 5 minutes.
- Melt butter in a skillet. Add leeks and red pepper flakes; sauté on med. heat for 5 minutes, until soft. Cool.
- In a bowl, mix sautéed leeks with mayonnaise, parsley, lemon juice and zest, mustard and salt. Gently fold in crabmeat. Evenly spoon mixture onto toasts. Garnish with parsley, Chill in refrigerator until serving.
Recipe from famliycircle.com <http://famliycircle.com> Nov. 2013