French Toast Souffle
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. You will need 15 – 20 3 oz. ramekins.
- 6 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 5-6 slices of coarse bread, cubed
- 1/4 cup dark brown sugar
Add chopped apples, pecans, raisins
- Put a layer of bread cubes on the bottom of each of the ramekins or about 1/2 full.
- Place a 1/2 tsp. of brown sugar in the center.
- In a large bowl, combine beaten eggs, milk, sugar, vanilla and cinnamon, mix thoroughly.
- Add chopped apples, pecans or raisins to mixture now, mix well.
- Pour mixture equally into the ramekins until full.
- Sprinkle some cinnamon-sugar on top-optional
- Bake in oven at 350 degrees for 20 minutes or until done.
- These will puff up a little and then flatten out some once they are slightly cool.
- Serve warm with a small pitcher of warm maple syrup.
Recipe from Just Tasting by Robert Zollweg