Maple Bacon Brussels Sprouts
- 8 oz. maple bacon, diced
- 2 lbs. Brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Cook bacon until crispy.
- Remove with slotted spoon to a paper towel lined plate.
- In the same pan, pour off all but 3 tbsp. of the bacon fat (if not enough fat add canola oil to compensate,)
- Add Brussels sprouts and cook 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Pour in heavy cream, reduce by half, about 3 minutes.
- Stir in cooked bacon, maple syrup, salt and pepper. Cook 2 more minutes, until Brussels sprouts are tender and sauce has thickened.
Recipe from familycircle.com <http://familycircle.com> Nov. 2013