Maui-Zaui Pizza on the Grill
(with Polynesian Sauce)
(This was done in an LP Gas Pizza Oven -Use a Wood chips for smoky flavor)
Pizza Crust for 1 Pizza (pre-made, or dough) ½ – ¾ Cup Hawaiian Ham (country ham), diced ¼ – ½ Cup Crisp Bacon crumbles Polynesian Sauce (see below) 1-2 Cups Mozzarella and/or Parmesan Cheeses, shredded ½ – ¾ Cup Roma tomatoes, diced Corn meal (cooking agent in grill)
1. Pre-Heat the Pizza Oven to approx 400 or 450 degrees, with Pizza Stone inside.
2. On a Pizza Peel or large spatula / cookie sheet w/o rim, sprinkle with corn meal
3. Place Pizza Crust on top of corn meal sprinkled
4. Liberally spread on crust the Polynesian sauce (below)
5. Generously sprinkle diced pieces of Hawaiian Ham (I use country ham steak)
6. Sprinkle crisp bacon bits to taste
7. Sprinkle generous helping of shredded mozzarella and/or parmesan cheeses
8. Add to the top of the cheese, diced Roma tomatoes to taste
9. In Pizza Oven, sprinkle more corn meal on pre-heated pizza stone
10. Place Pizza in hot oven on stone and leave for 15 – 20 minutes
11. If smoke flavor desired, use dry wood chips entire baking time in a smoker box
12. Remove from oven with Pizza Peel or large spatula, cut, and enjoy!
Juice of 4 oranges Zest of 1 Orange 2 Cloves Garlic, grated 1 Tbls Onion, finely diced 2 Tsp Olive Oil Dash of Salt ½ Tsp Ground Ginder 4 Tbls Brown Sugar ½ Cup Pineapple Juice ¼ Cup Sweet Chili Sauce (any brand)
1. Soften onions and garlic in olive oil in sauté pan with dash of salt;
2. Mix in all other ingredients;
3. Cook over medium-low heat 20-30 minutes until reduced and thickened;
4. Use to spread on pizza dough, whatever you like; keeps in fridge 1-2 weeks, makes 2 pizzas.