Turkey and Veggie Lasagna
A lighter version and tomato free lasagna that works well with leftover turkey or Dahl’s Rotisserie chickens and smoked turkey.
- 4 tbsp. butter/margarine
- 1 10 ounce pkg. sliced mushrooms
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups low-fat milk, warmed
- 1 can (14-14.5 ounce) chicken broth (1 3/4 cups)
- 8 no-boil lasagna noodles
- 1 pkg. (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 2 cups leftover cooked turkey, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 3/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- In 12-inch nonstick skillet, melt 1 tablespoon margarine on medium. Add mushrooms, onion, and garlic, and cook about 8 minutes or until mushrooms are lightly browned, stirring occasionally. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, in 4-quart saucepan, melt remaining margarine on medium. Whisk in flour and cook 1 minute. Gradually whisk in milk and broth until well blended; cook until sauce thickens and boils, stirring frequently. Boil 2 minutes. Set sauce aside.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Spray 8″ by 8″ glass or ceramic baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Pour 1/2 cup sauce in bottom of baking dish; arrange 2 noodles over sauce, overlapping to fit. Top evenly with half of spinach, half of turkey, then 1/2 cup sauce; sprinkle with 1/4 cup Parmesan.
- Top with 2 noodles, mushroom mixture, 3/4 cup mozzarella, then 1/2 cup sauce. Top with 2 noodles, remaining spinach and turkey, then 3/4 cup sauce, and 1/4 cup Parmesan.
- Arrange remaining noodles on top; spoon remaining sauce over noodles to cover. Sprinkle with remaining mozzarella and Parmesan.
- Spray sheet of foil with nonstick cooking spray; cover baking dish, sprayed side down. Bake lasagna 30 minutes. Remove foil and bake 15 minutes longer or until hot and bubbly in the center and lightly browned on top. Let stand 15 minutes for easier serving.
Recipe from www.delish.com